Sunday, February 7, 2010

DELICIOUS Gingered Carrots

I am one who loves a good ol' plain steamed veggie like carrots, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash etc. with a little S&P for a side dish. We have one of those probably 4 times a week for dinner. But every once in a while I come across a more elaborate veggie dish that is healthy and delicious. And here is my very favorite one. It comes from my Grandma and is seriously SO SO good! It's such a unique taste that you wouldn't expect, and as a bonus it fill your home with an amazingly pleasant aroma.
6 chopped green onions (I use whatever I have on hand which is usually yellow or brown)
8 carrots, sliced thinly lengthwise
1 c. celery, diced
2 Tbl. brown sugar
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. salt

Put carrots and onions in a 9x13 inch pan. Combine the rest of the ingredients first and then add to the pan. Add 1/2 c. water. Bake at 450 degrees for 50 min. I usually stir it 2-3 times to make sure everything stays evenly moist.

I'm being serious, you've GOT to try these. You won't be sorry!

Ask my 19 month old son who won't come NEAR any type of veggie. He LOVES them! (probably because of the sugar, but you could leave it out and they would still be really good)

2 comments:

Britney said...

sounds great! We will be trying these because we love carrots! Thanks Aub, love your blogs!

Anonymous said...

Yum. Im gonna have to try this. I am always on the lookout for good veggie recipes!